Threadjacking

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Threadjacking

• This topic has 1,434 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 2 days ago by Josh.
Viewing 25 posts - 1,376 through 1,400 (of 1,453 total)
  • Author
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant

My love-hate relationship with Target continues. WHY don’t they have Halloween themed polybags anymore. 🙁

Also WHY do they put these “25% off toys” signs all over the LEGO aisle and then in fine print it says “excluding LEGO”.

They did have a preorder on the Dune Ornithopter cheaper than Lego! Does that make up for it?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Please don’t say that in front of my daughters!

We need a full size Bluey and Bingo build. Could probably use the Bricker Build Pikachu and just turn it blue or orange.

LOL, I’ll make sure to mention it next time I see them.

And of course, a quick Googly search indicates we’re not the first to think of it…

(There’s lot more versions, too)

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

They did have a preorder on the Dune Ornithopter cheaper than Lego! Does that make up for it?

Wait, LEGO Dune?!?

Tim
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Brick Universe, Syracuse – Saturday October 28

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant

A Public Service Announcement:

Careful ordering through Disney site vs Lego site. I ordered a Lego set through there when they had the Mickey Steam Boat Willie GWP a couple weeks ago. They had it available a couple days before the Lego site so I thought, “why not.” Got an order confirmation. Then a week later a delay email. Last night, a cancelation. The set and the GWP. So no Mickey boat GWP for me as I did not order through Lego during their event thinking I already had one coming.

Buyer beware.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Edit: Later in the video, he mocks board game enthusiasts, so a lot of you might want to stop watching before then. I really only posted it for the Lego commentary.

BigBBricks
    Participant

Who is BigBBricks?

I am

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by BigBBricks.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by BigBBricks.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Greg Schubert wrote:
    Who is BigBBricks?

I am

Well, that clears things up, doesn’t it?

BigBBricks
    Participant

Greg Schubert wrote:
    Who is BigBBricks?

I am

Well, that clears things up, doesn’t it?

I guess so unless it was a philosophical question? Nice to meet yinz.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Oh that’s right, I forgot that the Supreme Court ruled that corporations are people under the 14th amendment.

Josh
    Keymaster

make sure you’re familiar with the new inventory system. the plan will be to finalize testing by the end of the month, update the inventory to be accurate with what is in stock, and then have people request redemption for q4 ahead of time, so I can take sets, if desired.

Inventory Mgmt system

BigBBricks
    Participant

Oh that’s right, I forgot that the Supreme Court ruled that corporations are people under the 14th amendment.

Nah. More so just an AFOL that has a social media presence and prefers to keep their real name out of things because they have children and people on the Internet are brutal. So everything LEGO related online gets a pseudonym since my kids were already targets of store related bullying because of a wonderful video from M&R Bricks years ago.

Will McDine
    Participant

Careful ordering through Disney site vs Lego site. I ordered a Lego set through there when they had the Mickey Steam Boat Willie GWP a couple weeks ago. They had it available a couple days before the Lego site so I thought, “why not.” Got an order confirmation. Then a week later a delay email. Last night, a cancelation. The set and the GWP. So no Mickey boat GWP for me as I did not order through Lego during their event thinking I already had one coming.

Interesting. We placed an order when the GWP started, both for the steamboat willie and for shirts for our trip next month and had no issues. Shipping was a bit longer than usual but nothing outside of that. Sorry to hear about your loss of a set. Wish I had a second one to offer ya.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Here’s another one – bleeped bad words warning. (Yes, I’m going through “Corrections” in order starting at the beginning.)

And I’m posting this one because this is definitely how I feel about it:

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Interesting. We placed an order when the GWP started, both for the steamboat willie and for shirts for our trip next month and had no issues. Shipping was a bit longer than usual but nothing outside of that. Sorry to hear about your loss of a set. Wish I had a second one to offer ya.

Glad it worked out for you. Yeah, I got my “Disney” merch, just not the Lego.

Pete
    Participant

Construction around the area next year.

https://www.cbsnews.com/pittsburgh/news/penndot-planning-major-projects-next-year-for-the-parkway-east-and-mcknight-road/

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Pete.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Pete.
    Krista K
    Dan
    Participant

Yikes! This is gonna make it tough to get to the store.

Tim

I was looking at GoogleMaps to get an idea of where the construction would be and I noticed that there is a park near Ross Park Mall called Bruno Sammartino Park, named after the legendary professional wrestler from the 1960’s, 70’s, and 80’s. I knew he lived in Pittsburgh for a long time but never knew there was a park named after him (he died in 2018). It looks like a nice little community park.

Krista K

I was looking at GoogleMaps to get an idea of where the construction would be and I noticed that there is a park near Ross Park Mall called Bruno Sammartino Park, named after the legendary professional wrestler from the 1960’s, 70’s, and 80’s. I knew he lived in Pittsburgh for a long time but never knew there was a park named after him (he died in 2018). It looks like a nice little community park.

It really is! Fun fact: Bruno’s house is down the street from me on Goldsmith. There’s a sign out front if you’re coming from Seibert. He was really an incredible guy.

Pete
    Participant
    611gschubert
    Participant

This is really cool.

I feel badly for the youngsters who won’t get this reference because they never saw an orange Dodge Charger go airborne.

Attachments:
    Dan
    Participant

They’ll have to build an orange Millennium Falcon!

PLAYINGWITHECHOES
    Participant

Tell me you all have Lego ornaments too…

Attachments:
Viewing 25 posts - 1,376 through 1,400 (of 1,453 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar