LEGO deals

Home Forums LUG discussions BUY / SELL / TRADE! LEGO deals

Viewing 25 posts - 351 through 375 (of 612 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Price came down $250. Let’s wait a few more cycles of listings…

In rough $100 increments, what do you think this whole lot is actually worth?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Used / modified modulars, so lets’ just estimate they’re worth MSRP even if out of print:

200 Town Hall
    150 Pet Shop
    150 Palace Cinema
    150 Emporium (?)
    150 Fire Brigade
    200 Tower Bridge
    150 Parisian Cafe

…that’s $1150, maybe $1300 if my ‘memberry is off as far as the MSRPs or if you’re feeling generous.

Add in a generous $100 each for the parts included in the McD’s, Chase building, and IKEA, and you’re still only around $1600.

…yea?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

200 Town Hall

I’m thinking you’d have a hard time getting your hands on a town hall for less than $400, but I have not researched prices lately. Some of the other sets are still in production and not so valuable yet.

Anyway, those of you who are interested in making amusement park rides should take a lot at this eBay seller from France. He or she is selling both custom rides and the instructions for building them:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/johann.franckelemon/m.html?item=162206305194&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

OK, fine, Brickpicker (probably the most comprehensive site for estimating a set’s value) shows $390 for used Town Hall.

https://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=10224-1

Bricklink is actually higher; running at least $400 for used complete sets: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?S=10224-1&ColorID=0

So yeah. Even with Town Hall being worth more, and maaaybe a couple of the others are going up (Fire Brigade is around $300 now), I couldn’t see that dude’s collection being worth more than about $1700, unless you like paying for someone else to assemble stuff for you, or to design mediocre MOCs of mediocre brands (McD’s) or mediocre mods to existing sets (that Apple store… ugh.) But that’s just, like, my opinion, man…

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Matt Redfield.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

A pirate ship with no hull for the low, low price of only $200. Aarrgh!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

A pirate ship with no hull for the low, low price of only $200. Aarrgh!

Yabut zombie sharks, tho.

Nick Chen
    Participant

Cranberry TRU has the Speed Champion 75875 Ford F-150 and Hotrod set on sale for $24.99!!! That set is normally $64.99 in the store. TRU.com has it for $55!!!

Attachments:
    Laura
    Participant

At Target in Washington…

Attachments:
    Josh
    Keymaster

Bethel park has ninjago minifigs for $2.50

Josh
    Keymaster

Bethel park toys r us that is. 2 boxes by the check out counter

Greg Schubert
    Participant

The TARGET near me has some NEXO knights sets at 50% off, I think the set name has the word library in it. Also I have read that a lot of Target stores have been discounting the Brickheadz. I remember seeing Batman, Robin, and Jack Sparrow for 50% off.

Pete
    Participant

Walmart in Bethel has Brickheadz on clearance.

Hannah Dow
    Participant

Hi all, I picked up the LEGO friends roller coaster set at Meijer (I don’t think this store exists in PA but more or less Walmart/target) and it was significantly marked down. I was going to post it on BrickLink for $80 but I figured I’d check with you guys to see if anyone’s interested! I plan on coming to Pitt again sometime in April/May but could always ship 🙂

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Meijer is definitely good for discounts, but none are east of Ohio. That $80 price (plus tax) is about what they were selling for in local TARGET stores recently.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Quick scouting report from TRU, one which does not appear to be closing:

1) chameleon polybags for 3.49
    2) Supergirl High Schools marked down from $80 –> $50
    3) Valentine’s Day sets that are sold out at S@H online are available at TRU $9.99

bonus: Valentine’s Day special polybag from TARGET seems to be a a pug with a fire hydrant

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=159884#T=S&O={“iconly”:0}

Greg Schubert
    Participant

This isn’t exactly a deal, but I have not seen other posts about it yet. The Batman CMF series 2 is out at WalMart.

Check out the characters from LEGO Batman Movie Minifigures Series 2!

I checked out a couple bags and looked at the images on the box, but did not buy anything, although I liked the Batmerch Batgirl.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=160981#T=S&O={“iconly”:0}

One of the Batman CMF2 bags had a flexible headgear, and at the time I had no clue what it was, maybe it was that Batgirl. Beach Batman seems like an easy one to find, considering it has a dolphin in the bag, and its probably is a good deal to get the with the $2 dolphin, provided you also want the minifig in a Speedo.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I didn’t see a thread yet on the TRU Closings…unless I missed it. Maybe it needs it’s own thread…

TRU Monaca has 40% most LEGO right now: Friends, DC, Nexo, some Ninjago, some SW. Some harder to find sets are still at regular price.

What have others seen at the TRUs around?

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I have two full sets of the second series Batman minifigs if anyone wants one. Let me know.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Jim Rolfe.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I didn’t see a thread yet on the TRU Closings…unless I missed it. Maybe it needs it’s own thread…

@bacon1986
    posted about it in Threadjacking. (Incidentally, it’s hard to find because of the many ways to spell Toys R Us / ToysRUs / Toys’R’Us / TRU…)

Do you guys know how to start new threads? Because I don’t care about TRU closings enough to do it, but yeah, you could start a thread if you want to be able to find it more easily than buried in the ludicrously long Deals and Threadjacking threads… 😉

Hannah Dow
    Participant

Anyone ever buy a whole box of collectible minifigs? (I wasn’t sure where to post it so I settled on this forum.) I’ve never done it but I am considering for S18 since the police man is only 1 per box. I realize that there’s no price benefit to buying a whole box because they still charge you like $3.99 per fig, 60 figs so $240ish investment. But it just seems so hassle free with not having to feel bags and travel from store to store to complete the lot that it *might* be worth it…

If i did it, would anyone be then interested in buying a complete set of 16 from me (without the 17th police fig)? we could work something out 🙂

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Hey Hannah!

I always buy a whole box. I usually keep 2 and sell one. BUT, as you said, this is a different animal as each box only has one police person fig. I usually waited for TRU to put up some deal, but that is gone now so I am not sure you will see any place get a better deal than cost. I usually bought them at TRU but I have bought one at Walmart before as well. I will be buying a box to ensure at least 1 complete set and then looking for another cop. The third partial set I will also be selling….or returning. 🙂 Good luck!

If anyone needs a set of the last Lego Batman figs I still have that last set left! 🙂

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I bought a whole box once, I think it was series 16. I probably still have most of it. The are collectors and there are accumulators; of these two, I am probably the latter. 😛

Tim

I’d be interested in some of the figs from these Series (for example @greg, Apache Chief, Zan and Jana, and Jor-El from the Batman-2 series).

Greg Schubert
    Participant

@timf, these are the ones that I mentioned earlier:

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?q=series%2016

I don’t think I have any from the Batman2 set.

Tim

Sorry. It was @tcsbgdady who mentioned having the Batman 2 series. Jim, I would be interested in some of those figs. Or are you looking to sell them as a full set?

Viewing 25 posts - 351 through 375 (of 612 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar